The Top 10 Web technologies used to design web application in 2020 is the main topic of the current post . We started by discussing each technology briefly.
The web application or web design is becoming more common nowadays and non IT people are also interested to design the web pages without having proper knowledge of web technologies. Some statistics tells that around more than 500 million websites are available with 10 million web developer around the world.This number may be doubled in next few years.
In this post I mainly discuss on the technologies used to develop web application which are dynamic and responsive in nature. Even though we have readymade tools like wordpress ,weebly and wix to design the websites ,but we cannot perform all functions by using them ,little bit of coding knowledge should be required to completely develop web applications.
The top 10 web technologies can be used to design the web applications are as follows
- React JS
- Ruby on Rails
- Node js
- Vue JS
We discuss each one of the above technology in detail,
Django is a python based web framework used to build web application efficiently using MVT architecture. I posted a article on creating a web application using DJango ,please click here to read . Django uses python as the programming language to create the web apps ,since python is one of the most popular scripting language in the developer community , hence it is easy to design the web application using python ,in addition to these python is well supported by strong community users and it is a open source ,these qualities made pyhton is one of the leading web technology in 2020.
2. React JS
React JS is another popular and high demand web technology in the industry , a react js developer make good amount of money compared to other .
Respond makes it easy to make intuitive UIs. Plan straightforward perspectives for each state in your application, and React will productively refresh and render the perfect parts when your information changes.
Decisive perspectives make your code increasingly unsurprising and simpler to investigate.
Build encapsulated components that deal with their own state, at that point make them to make complex UIs.
3.Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails is one of the most powerful web framework used to build the web applications ,we can design the websites using rail application .some example website built using ruby on rials are as follows
Github ,shopify ,ask.fm etc.
It has following features.
Easy to learn, open source, rich libraries ,very easy to extend and truly object oriented and good community base.
- It has few drawback ,which are as follows
- Performance issue and threading model.
- Performance issue : It is a interpreted language cannot be compared to C/C++
- Threading Model: Ruby does not use Native threads.
- The more information is available on ruby on rails at : www.tutorialspoint.com
ASP.Net is a web design platform provided by Microsoft. It is used for creating web-based applications. ASP.Net was first released in the year 2002.
The first version of ASP.Net deployed was 1.0. The most recent version of ASP.Net is version 4.6. It is licensed under Apache Licence 2.0
ASP.Net applications can also be written in a variety of .Net languages. These include C#, VB.Net, and J#. In this chapter, you will see some basic fundamental of the .Net framework.
The full form of ASP is Active Server Pages, and .NET is Network Enabled Technologies.
The ASP.NET SOAP extension framework allows ASP.NET components to process SOAP messages.
Compare to other scripting languages ,ASP .net has separate set of developers used repeatedly to design the webpages . It is fast and scalabe compared to others.
The more detailed information can be found at :www.w3schools.com
5. Node .JS
When Node.js needs to perform an I/O operation, like reading from the network, accessing a database or the filesystem, instead of blocking the thread and wasting CPU cycles waiting, Node.js will resume the operations when the response comes back.
This allows Node.js to handle thousands of concurrent connections with a single server without introducing the burden of managing thread concurrency, which could be a significant source of bugs.
Another Java web framework ,extensively used in front end design ,AngularJS is maintained by Google . It is not not like other frameworks ,which support a rich set of libraries rather it embraces extending HTML into the most expressive and readable format.
AngularJS is a structural framework for dynamic web apps. It lets you use HTML as your template language and lets you extend HTML’s syntax to express your application’s components clearly and efficiently . AngularJS’s data binding and dependency injection eliminate much of the coding part.. And it all takes place inside the browser, making it an ideal companion with any server technology.
AngularJS is not a single piece in the overall puzzle of designing the client-side of a web application. It handles all of the DOM(Document Object Modeling) and AJAX glue code once wrote by developer and puts it in a well-defined structure. This makes AngularJS stubborn about how a CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) application ought to be fabricated. Yet, while it is stubborn, it likewise attempts to ensure that its assessment is only a beginning stage you can undoubtedly change.
More information can be found at : https://docs.angularjs.org/guide/introduction.
7. Vue JS
- Data Binding: The data binding feature helps change or assign values to HTML attributes, change the style, assign classes with the help of binding directive called v-bind available with VueJS.
- Components : Components are one of the best features of VueJS that helps create custom items , which can be reused in HTML.
- Event Handling : In Vue JS , v-on is the attribute added to the DOM elements to listen to the events.
- Animation/Transition : VueJS gives different approaches to apply changes to HTML components when they are included/refreshed or expelled from the DOM. VueJS has a built-in transition component that needs to be wrapped around the element for transition effect.
- Computed Properties : This is another striking features of VueJS. It helps to listen to the modification made to the UI elements and performs the necessary computations. There is no need of additional coding for this.
- Templates : VueJS provides HTML-based templates that bind the DOM with the Vue instance data. Vue compiles the templates into virtual DOM Render functions.
- Directives : VueJS has built-in standard directives such as v-if, v-else, v-show, v-on, v-bind, and v-model, which are used to perform different actions on the frontend.
- Watchers : Watchers are applied to data that changes.
- Routing : Navigation between pages is performed with the help of vue-router.
- Lightweight : VueJS script is a lightweight framework and the performance is very fast.
- Vue-CLI :From the command line ,VueJS can be installed using the vue-cli command line interface. It helps to build and compile the project easily using vue-cli.
YII framework is an open-source PHP framework for rapidly-developing Web applications. It is designed around the Model-View-Controller composite pattern. Yii provides secured and professional features to create robust projects rapidly.
The Yii framework has a component-based architecture and a full solid caching support. Therefore, it is suitable for building all kinds of Web applications like forums, portals, content management systems, e-commerce websites, and so forth.
Yii is a pure OOP (Object-Oriented Programming) framework. Hence, it requires a basic knowledge of OOP. Since The Yii framework uses the latest features of PHP, like traits and namespaces. The major requirements for Yii2 are PHP 5.4+ and a web server.
The more information found at :https://www.tutorialspoint.com/yii/index.htm
Laravel is another open-source PHP framework, which is robust and easy to learn. It follows a model-view-controller design pattern. Laravel reuses the already existing components of different frameworks which helps in creating a web application. The web application thus developed will be more structured and efficient .
Laravel offers a rich set of functionalities which incorporates the basic features of PHP frameworks like CodeIgniter, Yii and other programming languages like Ruby on Rails. Laravel has a very rich set of features which will boost the speed of web development.
If you are good with Core PHP and Advanced PHP, Laravel will do the task easier. It saves a lot time if you are planning to develop a website from beginning .
Artisan: Command line interface used in Laravel is called Artisan. It includes a set of commands which assists in building a web application.
Composer is a tool which includes all the dependencies and libraries. It allows a user to create a project with respect to the mentioned framework . Third party libraries can be installed easily with help of a composer.
In addition to above it provides following features :
Modularity ,Testability ,Routing ,Configuration management , Schema Builder ,Template Engine, Redis .
The more information about larval can be found at : https://laracasts.com
Apart from this , there are hundred of different web framework are available ,but depeding on the application we need to choose the web framework carefully.